General terms & conditions
Article 1 – General
1. The terms and conditions detailed below apply to the use of the Bulbs & beyond B.V. [“Bulbs & beyond”] website and the sale of all goods supplied and delivered by Bulbs & beyond.
2. Use of the website and/or placing an Order constitutes your acceptance these terms and conditions. You should read and understand all terms as they contain important information and may affect your rights.
3. Varying provisions to these terms and conditions must be recorded in writing.
Article 2 – Products
1. A full description, along with images of the products offered by Bulbs & beyond is set out on the website. Illustrations, descriptions and other information as to particular products are approximate and for guidance only.
2. Errors and/or omissions in the description of the products are not binding on Bulbs & beyond.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, the images of the products offered by Bulbs & beyond are purely for illustrative purposes and represent the final product (the flower), and not the actual base product sold to the customer (the bulb/corm/tuber).
Article 3 – Basis of the sale
1. The placing of an order by a customer shall constitute an offer to Bulbs & beyond to purchase one or more of its products at the current price as advertised by Bulbs & beyond, and an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Bulbs & beyond will confirm receipt of the customer’s order electronically.
3. Bulbs & beyond reserves the right to refuse an order. In the event an order is not accepted then Bulbs & beyond will communicate this to the customer within 14 days of receipt of the order.
Article 4 –Amendments, cancellations and returns
1. As Bulbs & beyond’s products are horticultural (“living”) products, it is not possible to return unwanted items.
2. The customer has the right to cancel any order within 7 days of placing the order provided the products have not yet been dispatched. Cancellation of an order can be done by email to email@example.com. Any amount paid by the customer for the products ordered will be returned within 30 days.
3. For any non-horticultural products, the customer has the right to cancel the order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receipt of the products. The customer will be refunded the purchase price within 30 days.
4. Should the customer decide to cancel the order (as described in 3 above) it is the customer's responsibility to bear the cost of return postage and packing. Bulbs & beyond will not pay the costs of returning an unwanted item to us.
Article 5 – Prices
1. Prices are as advertised in the Bulbs & beyond webshop, and they remain valid for the relevant season. In the event of a VAT rate increase or extreme price increases on the flower bulb markets, which are outside of the control of Bulbs & beyond, Bulbs & beyond reserves the right to alter the price list and/or pass on such additional amounts to the customer.
2. All prices are inclusive of VAT (within EU only) and exclusive of postage and packing and any other local taxes, import duties and/or levies, unless otherwise stated. Customers outside the EU are themselves responsible for settling any local taxes, import duties and/or levies.
Article 6 – Quality Guarantee
1. Bulbs & beyond’s products come with a one-year growth and flowering guarantee, unless the product fails to grow/flower as a result of customer neglect, failure by the customer to follow storage and/or planting instructions, or severe or abnormal climatic and/or soil conditions.
2. Unless stated otherwise, this guarantee applies from the moment of purchase to the end of the first flowering period of the product in question.
Article 7 – Delivery
1. Bulbs & beyond will deliver the Goods to the address the customer has specified for delivery at the time of placing the order. It is important that this address is accurate.
2. Bulbs & beyond’s horticultural products are seasonal and therefore not all products can be delivered year-round. To ensure optimal quality of its products, Bulbs & beyond will deliver orders at the correct planting time. It is therefore important that the products should be planted as soon as possible from receipt of delivery.
3. Products in the category “spring flowering bulbs” can be ordered from April until October and will be delivered from September until December. Products in the category “summer flowering bulbs” can be ordered from November until May and will be delivered from March until May.
4. Delivery times are indicative and not guaranteed. Bulbs & beyond will not be liable for any loss caused to the customer by late delivery
5. Bulbs & beyond products are horticultural “living” products, the availability of which are dependent on harvest results. Despite careful planning, for reasons outside of the control of Bulbs & beyond and even after the customer has placed an order, it could be that certain products are not available. Bulbs & beyond cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss caused by the unavailability of certain products.
6. In the event a product becomes unavailable Bulbs & beyond may supply a substitute product of equal or better quality, unless the customer at the time of placing the order has indicated specifically not to want a substitute product. In the latter case, Bulbs & beyond will organize for a (partial) refund of the amount already paid by the customer.
Article 8 – Payment
1. Payment is due before the products are dispatched.
2. The customer can choose from several methods of payment. We accept credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), Maestro, Ideal (Netherlands only), Giropay, Mister Cash, SofortBanking, bank transfer and Paypal.
3. All payment details are sent via SSL technology, which is also used by banks. SSL technology guarantees that personal details are protected and can never be seen or manipulated by unauthorized persons.
4. Bulbs & beyond charges a small order surcharge of 7.50 when your order is below €15.00/£15.00.
Article 9 – Complaints and liability
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to examine the products at the time of delivery. Any queries or complaints must be made in writing within 2 days of delivery to our e-mail address at email@example.com.
2. Complaints lodged with Bulbs & beyond will be answered within 14 days of receipt of the complaint. If a complaint is anticipated to take longer to resolve, then an acknowledgment of receipt will be sent within 14 days indicating when a full response can be expected.
3. In the event of a refund paid by Bulbs & beyond to compensate a customer for a loss as a result of products arriving damaged, faulty, incorrect, or not at all, the amount shall never exceed the value of the products delivered.
4. The customer is responsible for the use of the delivered products. Bulbs & beyond is not liable for any damage caused by incorrect or improper use of the products.
5. Risk of damage to or loss of the products passes to the customer at the time of delivery at the agreed delivery address, or, if the customer fails to take delivery at the agreed time, when we tried to deliver.
6. The content of the Bulbs & beyond website is directed solely at those who access the site from addresses within the delivery area.
7. Bulbs & beyond will not be liable or in breach of the contract for delay or failure to perform due to a cause beyond our reasonable control, or our suppliers, including but not limited to Acts of God, civil commotion, industrial dispute, riots, flood and legislation.
Article 10 – Governing law and jurisdiction
1. These terms and the customer’s use of this site are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The Netherlands and any disputes will be decided only by the relevant courts in The Netherlands.
Article 11 – Copyright
1. All written and photographic information (including design content, style and logos) on this website is owned by Bulbs & beyond and is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws.
2. The documents and information may be used for personal, informational, internal, non-commercial purposes with appropriate citation to Bulbs & beyond.
3. Permission to use documents, photographic and any other information for commercial purposes is granted only with the prior written consent of Bulbs & beyond and only with the appropriate citation to Bulbs & beyond.
Article 12 – Company information
|Bulbs and beyond B.V.
2210 AA Noordwijkerhout
|Tel: +31 252 342010
(Office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.30 to 16.30hr CET)